Teacher | Educator
Empowering parents to teach their children.
· I’m a mother of four children and have been happily married for fifteen years. I grew up on a farm and now live in the Riverland, South Australia. Being part of a small community is something I enjoy and value immensely.
· I have been a teacher for over 20 years, plus I run workshops for other teachers, parents, tutors, and speech pathologists at SPELD SA in Adelaide around literacy education. These courses can now be accessed online.
· I feel passionate about empowering parents to teach their own children essential literacy skills because, unfortunately, we can’t always rely on the schooling system. Being a parent of four children myself, I understand that my products and programs MUST be easy to use, plus fit into busy family schedules.
· Over the past 10 years, I’ve created several products and programs, which are purchased and used by people all around Australia: The School Start Buddy, The Spelling Rules Program, The Spelling Case and The Capital Letter Case.
· Spelling was an area that I had to work hard at during my childhood. Due to my determination to improve, I studied the English Spelling System over many years, which quickly lead to my love of words and confidence with spelling. These two factors are what makes me so good at teaching others to spell.
The magnetic resources allow them to develop their letter recognition and early reading and writing skills without having the barrier of actually writing. When we do writing tasks, they are much more willing to ‘have-a-go’ on the whiteboard because they are able to quickly erase any errors they make.
It has made homework a fun activity that has engaged our school-aged daughter, and also her younger sister who has been practicing her “writing.” It neatly packs away after each use which I appreciate, and I know it is ready for immediate use again next time. We have had fun creating new ways to learn words, sounds and sentences.
I got lots of ideas on how to use the School Start Spelling Case to support Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar. In particular I like the language to use with children, for example ‘magical suffix’, ‘magic e’ etc. This program is a wonderful way of using hands on tasks to teach rules and language.
The information and training involved on the web is also great for parents that may be unsure of how to use the buddy effectively and provides explicit but simple instructions about how to support their child in this exploration. We will be back for more!
Supports core literacy teaching with a simple-to-navigate format.
Explicitly teaches letters and sounds with engaging activities.
It allows students to work at their own level and provides students at the lower end of the scale with the opportunity to gain success.
I want to show you how simple it can be to understand words.
So many paid courses don't teach you the basics and fundamentals.
I want you to have something from me without anything in return.